Saturday, December 2, 2006

Hello from the Netherlands

As promised, here is the first post from the Netherlands. I have arrived safe and have a nice hotel room in a hotel that is right across from a beautiful pond.


Over the past few days I have discovered several funny things. One of which is the bag of chips that I bought at the store. I had to go ahead and buy it because I am "cool".


Overall it is not to bad here. I wish Ellen was here to go exploring with me and find things out. I have had a few hickups along the way. One was last night when I went to a store to buy somethings to eat, so that I wouldn't have to eat out all weekend long. So I was adventurous and got things that I could not read but looked like they could be good and I had my basket full of food and then got to the checkout and unloaded my stuff and then thought to ask if they took credit card. Which come to find out after the girl called the manager and he made me feel like an idiot, that they did not. they only took a cash card, which is not the same as a debit card by the way. I only had a few euros on me and so I had to walk back around the store with everyone looking at me while I put things away. Moral of the story: If traveling in Europe, carry cash, they don't take cards all of the time.

The goal for this next week is to find a house. I will see what I can do and keep you posted.

No comments: