Thursday, October 16, 2008

This blog is way late, but apparently babies are tiring and take up every single second of free time. Add traveling to the mix, and all of the sudden weeks go by and I still haven’t found the time to write anything, catch up on America’s Next Top Model, or go to the bathroom.

So this is going to be picture heavy, but light on the witty story telling. Sorry. Having a baby hasn’t sucked my brain out completely; I’m still terribly witty and charming in person. You’ll have to just trust me on that though because I don’t have the time to charm you properly in writing.

This was Wes’ first voyage. He was a champ on the plane, a perfect little traveler.



The Bergerac airport was very very small.

The conveyor belt for the baggage was manually operated. As in, I had to keep pushing people bags down the rollers until the guys tossed our bags up there.


France was beautiful. We were in the Dordogne region, which is very quiet, rural, nice and relaxing.





We saw castles


There was a sign that said Do Not Touch. Apparently I’m not a very good listener.


We enjoyed drinks at cute cafés with Gamma.



We went to a goat farm to see how chèvre is made.


We ate lots and drank wine.


We went on hikes. It was very pretty until we got lost .


And at the end of a long day of hiking we hung out at the pool at the gîte.



Ahh, it went by so quickly and then we had to go back to the Netherlands. But not to worry, less than a week after we got back we left for Paris because Ben had another work trip.

Again, a great time. Paris never gets old. And this time Wesley accompanied me as I walked all over the place, to about 10 different grocery stores in three days(okay, I’m exaggerating. I only went to about 5, but some of them more than once).

We also did our usual breakfast on the step in front of Sacre Coeur.

Wes didn’t like it because we didn’t get any croissants for him.


And of course we had to take him to see the Tour Eiffel.

At two months old, he’s already an experienced traveler. We’re working on teaching him to buy his own metro tickets and order his own crêpes. No wine and baguettes until he can order for himself!

4 comments:

MommieDearest said...

Ah, France!
Ah, Paris!

It was great to see all those pictures of the Dordogne - I could almost feel that I was there. Oh, wait a minute I was there.
Wesley definitely is a trouper.
His picture in front of the Tour Eiffel is great - are you sure he isn't French? Buy the kid a croissant.

MommieDearest said...

Ah, France!
Ah, Paris!

It was great to see all those pictures of the Dordogne - I could almost feel that I was there. Oh, wait a minute I was there.
Wesley definitely is a trouper.
His picture in front of the Tour Eiffel is great - are you sure he isn't French? Buy the kid a croissant.

Marc Burgett said...

My favorite photos were the ones of the chevre kissing Wes on the head and of Wes at le Tour Eiffel. (I think that one belongs on the wall of his room, perhaps above the changing table, where he can gaze at it 15 times a day.) What a great start for our little guy! Who knows? Maybe his next trip to Paris will bring a taste of croissant!

Love, Dad

Steph said...

This must be said....you look awesome for having just had a baby! Way to go Ellen. Preggo-Yoga seems to be the way to do it! Glad you both had some baby free time too.