Monday, June 30, 2008

So, Ben and Ellen, what did you guys do this weekend? And where did you get those amzing looking pastries?


Paris. Yes, I know. Paris, again. No, we don't get tired of it, although perhaps you might be tired of hearing about it.

I was recently sitting at home moaning about the fact that I'm getting to the point in my pregnancy that I really shouldn't travel very far and I'm bored and I'm not working and woe is me and I miss Paris already and I'll never get to go back, etc etc. And Ben, wonderful human being that he is, made last minute reservations at a Paris hotel and we went for one last weekend adventure before Otis comes.

We left Saturday morning and got back Sunday evening and had a really nice, relaxing time. We didn't do anything terribly exciting, just did some shopping and lots of walking, dinner at a nice little restaurant.

Ben did experience his first macaron, from the famous Pierre Hermé, where we had to wait in a line going out the door in order to buy our macarons and the pastries pictured above.


And we walked along the Seine at night, and it was very pretty.



And then we discovered a little carnival in the Tuileries and rode the ferris wheel (one of the only things a very pregnant girl can do at a carnival).


And for all you baby bump watchers, a picture of me and Otis at 34 weeks in one of my favorite areas of Paris.


If you're tired now of hearing about how we've gone to Paris yet again, don't worry. This should be the last time for a while. As for us, we'll be hanging out in the Netherlands, dreaming of the day we can go back with Otis and start teaching him how to order his own crêpes.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Wow how many times in Paris, and he's never experienced a macaron? My God I can still taste mine....mmmmmmmmm......

Well my brain can still taste it....that would be kinda gross.

Kevin said...

Oh yeah and you probably wouldn't have wanted to ride the "Tilt-a-Whirl"....Otis would have come out looking like Ben instead of you....

Only kidding....