Saturday, November 15, 2008

Uncle Duck!

This past week was very exciting in Netherworld... Uncle Duck came to visit! Ben's best friend, Kevin, traveled from Chicago for a week to visit Wesley, Bella, and Spud.




He had to put up with me and Ben, too, but we tried to make up for that by doing all sorts of fun things.

We spent a day in Brussels

And Ben and Duck took Wes to a cafe where they all had beers.


And what's Belgium without Belgian waffles? Yum.


We also shared our love of Starbucks

And how cute is Wesley's little espresso mug?

First beer, now coffee... we're the worst parents ever! Before you know it we'll be letting him watch America's Next Top Model. Wait, what? Oh... yeah... we already do that. Oops.

We also spent a lot of time just hanging out. Ben and Duck had a bit of bonding time hanging out in Mandom (the garage), playing video games, smoking cigars, playing with computers, going to see the new James Bond movie, and go-karting.

There were all sorts of fun manly activities.

I didn't feel too left out with all this testosterone running through the house. I stayed in the kitchen, right where I belong! Kidding! Not really though. I loved having another person around to feed, and I cooked and baked and baked a little more. It was great! If you check out my food blog, you can see how busy I was. And that wasn't even everything I made; I might go into withdrawal this week.

Unfortunately Uncle Duck had to go back home. We tried to convince him to stay for Thanksgiving, but he had this idea that he needed to actually go back to his job, apartment, life, etc. Whatever. We miss him already and hopefully this:

will convince him to come back sometime.

4 comments:

MommieDearest said...

Looks like you had a great time.
Dogs, home cooking, beer, cigars and Wesley!
How can Uncle Duck stay away for long?
If Kevin likes to bicycle we can consult with him about several ways to get lost in the Netherlands.
And that Wesley is still cut as a button ( why are buttons cute?).
Love,
Mom

Marc Burgett said...

Well, that smile has convinced me to come back sometime! Wow, I miss Wes. And that smile - he looks as if he knows something the rest of us don't know.

Love, Dad

Ellen & Ben said...

Oh, he does. And he's not telling his secrets. Or maybe he is, but they all sound like "Aaaah, aaaaaaaaaa! EEeaa EEEEE!"

Kevin said...

I totally should have stayed until next year. I seriously considered quitting my job for the "Manny" position.