Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year for Thanksgiving we decided instead of sharing something we're thankful for, like many people do at dinner, we would each make up a list. We knew that if we just said one thing, it would be something like, "Blah blah blah baby blah blah so happy etc etc". That's predictable, and predictable is boring.

So we each made a list, and we want to share them with you. And we hope that you, in turn, will share with us some of the things you are thankful for today.

Things Ellen is Thankful For:
My health and the good health of the people we care about
The opportunity to live in abroad and travel and explore more of the world than I had hoped to see in my life
My mixing bowls, mechanical pastry bag, food processor, and kitchen-aid mixer
Wesley’s laughter
Paris, and the fact that I’ve been able to go about a bajillion times
Our home
A family that I love and that I love being around
Great in-laws, something that most people don’t get
Having a small handful of people my life who just get me
Evenings spent on the couch drinking coffee and tea with Ben
Silly dancing in the kitchen with Ben and Wes
Having a husband who will just listen when I need to talk, and give me silent hugs when I don’t want to talk.
The beautiful world that God gave us
The way Wes smells after a bath
How it feels to curl up in a warm, safe bed with Ben at night
How it feels to wake up curled up with Ben
How it feels to wake up to a happy baby
Banana souffle
A husband who cooks and cleans and takes care of babies, and does all those things well and willingly
The way Wes holds onto my fingers
Starbucks chocolate cake


Things Ben is Thankful For:
My beautiful wife
A near perfect baby
Falling asleep with Ellen on my chest
That I found someone who understands my quirks
A home I am happy to come home to every night.
The sound of Wes laughing
All of the things Ellen does to make our home better.
My iPod
Almost ten full years of happiness
All the great places we have been able to go
One hot mama
All of the great treats Ellen makes
Mashed potatoes, yum.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Marc Burgett said...

And thank YOU for this touching glimpse of the inner you.

Love, Dad

MommieDearest said...

It is good to slow down and take the time to be thankful for all that we have.We slowed down and had a very quiet Thanksgiving. We did some of the cooking on Wednesday which made it really nice.It just felt good to be home and have life be simple.
Talk to you soon.
Love,
Mom