Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What do you do when you work out too hard and end up with heels that hurt so much you can hardly walk?

A) Cry.
B) Ignore the pain. It'll go away, right?
C) Relinquish all dog walking duties and pout on the couch.
D) Eat candy.


Correct answer: All of the above. Especially the eating candy!


A few weeks ago I was sitting on the couch, pre-injury, and in one of my random outbursts, turned to Ben and said, "You know what I loved when I was a kid? Butter Rum Lifesavers!"

And with that I was on a search of the internets to see if Butter Rum Lifesavers still even exist and if I could get some. And in my search, I found the most wonderful website ever! They sell all sorts of candy you ate as a kid, AND you can get a lot of it by the piece. One piece of Dubble Bubble here, one Atomic Fireball there. They even have candy cigarettes! Big League Chew! Razzles!

So Ben and I sat down one night and went candy shopping online. The result, you can see above. Don't worry, we're not eating all that at once. It's a very slow process. But it is awfully fun to have a big bowl of candy in the corner of the kitchen so I can have a Bit-O-Honey with my cereal in the morning (and yes, I know I'm the only person on earth who actually likes those) or so that Ben can grab a Cry Baby on his way out to walk the dogs.

And now if you'll excuse me, I think there's a box of Milk Duds calling my name.

1 comment:

Marc Burgett said...

I remember when Three Musketeers had two little ridges dividing the bar into thirds, so you could share them with two friends. I'll have to check out the website to see if they have them. What a quaint concept.

Love, Dad